We have some birthdays to celebrate this month, so June’s Kidical Mass ride is going to be extra fun and full of action! We’ll gather at the Turkey Thicket Recreation Center at 10:30am on June 18 before heading off through the quiet streets of Brookland to pay a visit to the Mt. Rainier Bike Co-op. After a quick pit-stop and visit with our friends at the Co-op, we’ll cool off with a POOL PARTY at the Prince George’s Pool in Mt. Rainier. Our friends at DessertStation are providing a special cake to help us celebrate the birthdays of our June babies (young and old)!
A biketrain will bike up the Met Branch Trail starting at 9:45(ish...) with meetups in Bloomingdale, Eckington, and Edgewood for residents of Capitol Hill and other points south.
Full details after the jump:
LOCATIONS & TIMES:
All meetup points are marked in this Google map
- Bloomingdale meetup: 9:45am. Big Bear Cafe, 1st Street NW & R Street NW.
- Eckington meetup: 10:00am. Met Branch Trail @ R Street NE.
- Edgewood/R.I. Avenue meetup: 10:15am. Met Branch Trail @ Rhode Island Avenue Shopping Center.
- Brookland meetup: 10:30am. Turkey Thicket Playground, Michigan Ave. NE between Quincy Street NE & Randolph Street NE.
- Mt. Rainier Bike Co-op: 11:30am. 3601 Bunker Hill Road, Mt Rainier, MD 20712
- Prince George's Pool: 3301 Buchanan Street (between Queens Chapel Road and 34th Street), Mt. Rainier, MD 20712
LUNCH: Snacks and water will be provided at various points during the ride, but you are responsible for your own lunch! The Prince George’s Pool does not have a concession stand, but features picnic facilities.
POOL ADMISSION: Admission to the pool for this party is $4 per person ($3 non-member admission fee plus $1 to offset the party registration fee). Swim diapers are required for diaper-age children. Click here to see the rules and facilities of the Prince George’s Pool.
Rails to Trails Conservancy (c/o Stephen Miller, Urban Pathways Coordinator)