From Brookland, we'll swoop down the Met Branch Trail, depart at the southern terminus in NoMa, wind through Near Northeast and end up at the H Street Farmer's Market. There we will hold a costume contest, judged by Greater Greater Washington and District Curmudgeon's own Jaime Fearer and Geoff Hatchard.
- FIRST PRIZE will go to the least complete costume. You can bring as much or as little of your final costume as you like. Bonus points for uncut raw materials (though you should bring a photograph or a sketch to show that it really is for a Halloween costume).
- SECOND PRIZE is for best use of a bicycle or bicycle accessory.
- THIRD PRIZE is for most complete costume
After the contest, we'll pay a visit to our friends at Pound Coffee, where we will get brunch and eat tasty pumpkin-themed snacks from Dessert Station. To keep little hands busy, we will have a box-full of mini-pumpkins for the kids to decorate and take home.
Meetup times and locations:
- 10:00am: Turkey Thicket Recreation Center, Brookland, east side near the basketball courts
- 10:45am: Met Branch Trail, R Street NE entrance
- 11:15am: H Street Farmer's Market
- 11:30am: Costume Contest!
- 11:45am: Leave H Street for Pound Coffee @ Eastern Market
Meetup points and route are on this Google Map. Questions? Email Megan at KidicalMassDC@gmail.com. Please join us and our friends for the final ride of the season!