... to learn the ABC's of Family Biking!
Yes, it's the family biking event of the season! On Saturday, April 21st, Kidical Mass DC, WABA and DDOT Safe Routes to School will help interested families learn more about the tools and resources available to help them bike together.
- WABA staff will teach basic skills classes along with a special NEW class on biketrains and group riding
- SCRAP-dc will have a special bike-decorating station with repurposed crafting supplies
- The Bike House will offer a skills clinic on roadside repairs (so you and your little ones will never be stranded!)
- Local bike shops BicycleSPACE and The Daily Rider will exhibit some of the equipment and special bikes they sell to help parents transport kids (and dogs, groceries, gardening supplies and anything else you can think of!) around town
- And last but not least, several local biking parents will show off their own bikes and share their tips and tricks for riding with their children.
- iBert and BOBike front-mounted bike seats
- Yepp and Peanut Shell rear-mounted bike seats
- Xtracycle Free Radical, Xtracycle Radish, and Yuba Mundo longtail cargo bikes
- Boxcycles Christiania cargo trike
- Larry vs. Harry Bullitt and Gazelle Cabby bakfietsen (two-wheeled boxbikes)
- Burley and Chariot trailers
- Adams Trail-a-Bike
- Strider Balance Bike
When: Saturday, April 21, 2012. 11am - 2pm (biketrain class starts at 1pm)
Where: Capitol Hill Montessori School at Logan, 215 G Street NE (parking lot entrance is on 2nd Street NE)
Places to eat nearby: Union Station Food Court, Ebenezer's Coffeehouse (201 F Street NE), Sidamo Coffee (417 H Street NE, very kid-friendly and has changing table in bathroom)
Join us on April 21st to get ready for the first-ever Bike to School Day. Hope to see you there!